Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stepping down, easier than it seems

Two and a half years. You pour everything into it, can't imagine how you could ever live without it, and yet, in an instant, God gives you an ending you never saw coming. He takes it away, and pulls you away. I had always wondered, what would it be like to see someone else leading the team I had prayed so hard for God to bring? God took care of that as well. When He tells you to leave, you leave. You don't look back.

Does it feel good? No. Is there ever proper closure? No. When you stand up for what is right, what is biblical, there rarely ever is. In many ways, it is easier for me than other worship leaders I imagine. God called me out of my normal life as an economist to do something extraordinary for Him. In an instant, He returned me to that life.

I return to songwriting, playing in odd gigs, and sitting around the house jamming. Just like before. I do not desire to jump back on the train. Everything lasts for a season. I am eternally grateful that God let me have that season. Peace to all. - Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment